SwapScene-The best free UK swingers site on the swinging scene!

Passion Secrets

Old 13-01-11, 19:22
Keeping It Real

Experience: Experienced swinger/s
Default Fabswingers

Fabswingers
-------------

www.fabswingers.com

This claims to be (and to our knowledge is) the largest free swingers site in the UK, though it also caters (and has special sections for) swingers in some other English speaking countries

This well established site has been around since about 2006 and has all the features you would expect to find in an active swingers community - including forums, chat rooms, webcams, member search facilities, profiles, photo galleries and a member verification system

Fabswingers claims to be a free site and to all intents and purposes it is.

Fabswingers does have a totally optional gold/silver membership system (5 for 35 days gold and 5 for 60 days silver). These members get access to a few extra facilities such as having more photos on profile, viewing large size photos and being able to see who has viewed their profile.

However these paid memberships are totally voluntary and Fabswingers remains completely usable in every way to free members.

------------------
Fabswingers webmaster: if you would like to write a more complete review than the above please contact swapscene support and we will change it for you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fabswingers.jpg (58.7 KB, 1822 views)

Last edited by Support; 14-11-11 at 19:25.
Old 13-01-11, 21:50
One hell of a horny couple

hciryduj has been verified by meeting other membershciryduj has been photo-verified by Swapscene

Experience: Regular swinger/s

We are members on fabswingers as well as here and have been on fab for nearly three years - We use the name richNjudy for our profile there

We have had a lot of great meets from fabswingers and like the site a lot, it is certainly very active.

On the downside we have had quite a few problems with timewasters and wannabies (more so recently) - but all said, the good times far out weigh the let downs for us and we think it is a great site, and being free that is a bonus too. We've also tried the voluntary paid membershp which is good if you want to put a lot of pics on your profile

x
j&r

Last edited by JudyRich; 13-01-11 at 21:52.
Old 30-01-11, 16:45

Experience: Occasional swinger/s

Had a profile on Fab since it's early days, not had many meets from it but then I have not looked to meet that often. I've been to a few of the socials organized on the site and enjoyed them and met some nice people through them.

My verdict, pretty good as sites go and well worth a look as it costs nothing to join and use.
Old 13-03-11, 16:48

I've used Fab on and off over the last couple of years. It is worth checking out and setting up a profile, I've had meets with others on the site.

As mentioned, it has recently seen more wishful thinkers, who seem to go so far and then suddenly have a last minute excuse. It has a pretty useful feedback system, but obviously a newbie on the site will have none and could be as genuine as a long term member.
Old 13-03-11, 17:38

Default fabswingers

have had a profile on fab since it started and found a really good site.
met some gr8 ppl and made some good friends. well worth joining.

keith and dee.
Old 22-05-11, 18:54
Couple with Bi-Fem (BBW)

yrrebwarts has been verified by meeting other membersyrrebwarts has been photo-verified by Swapscene

Experience: New to the scene

Within a few hours of joining this site I had messages, which were both polite and from genuine people, We have not used it as much as Swappy as we much prefer it here, but we are leaving our profile up there so we can hopefully meet more people :)

Our name on FAB is StrawberryLlama :)
Old 30-05-11, 01:02

Aye, we have been there a long time as well and met some good people.
Met some not so good people as well and sure hope we dont bump into any of them on here.
Old 08-02-12, 12:49

Only registered users can view imagesI'm a member on Fab & have been for a couple of years.
Have had some great meets from there but of late it appears that it has 'gone a little stale' is you get my meaning.
I'm looking to expand my meets by joining SwapScene.
Old 08-02-12, 19:29

I understand what you mean Magnum, it's more Flab than Fab these days.
Old 28-04-12, 10:25
Sammy

Experience: Tried before, want more
Cool Fab

I've been a member of fab a year now and love it I've had lots of good meets off there but some of the bi and gay men get on your nerves it's great if your on iPhone like me to add your pics by email other sites should do this xxx
Old 28-04-12, 11:20
Keeping It Real

@Sucksam
Totally agree with the iPhone thing - we do have a problem here where folks connecting to swappy on iPhone can not upload pictures to their albums - we are looking at a fix for this.
Old 28-04-12, 11:42
tigerandno1tigress
Has Left The Building

Smile

Goody, should be a good fix that support.. More pics of tigress can follow then (and me ???? ) for my fan club lol
Old 19-08-12, 20:31
durtymare
Has Left The Building

Default me

this certain person is permanantly suspended from fab swingers though some lady liein i was abusive to someone which i was not but all admin done banned me from the site for good i can never use it again wot ever happened to 2 sides to a story rather then one liein through her teeth
Old 21-08-12, 00:02

1ekarderif has been verified by meeting other members1ekarderif has been photo-verified by Swapscene

Much more better here durty......
Old 21-08-12, 00:31
durtymare
Has Left The Building

oh thanx firedrake
Old 05-01-13, 21:04

Unhappy Swingingheaven.com - A warning

I've been a member of Fabswingers.com for a while, and can endorse it as a great site, but I'd like to to warn others about swingingheaven.co.uk as I have just recently closed my account after having been ripped off by them.

Because I never agree to continuous credit card authorities (whereby debits can be applied month on month indefinitely), when I first wanted to pay for a month's membership, I read the small print and found that it wasn't possible to do so - I had to agree to the the continuous authority and then, when the first month's membership was debited, give notice of cancellation - that was the only way to join to try it out.

I should have realised then that the site relies on inertia selling, which is illegal in the UK. A few days after the first month's membership expired, I went through this process again, but this time, the continuous authority wasn't cancelled. I didn't spot the debits on my account until a few weeks ago, by which time I had paid for four months of membership at the monthly rate - which is more expensive than a whole year's membership!

I contacted the site's administrators to point this out and requested proof that they had a continuous debit authority, otherwise I would ask for a charge-back, and pointed out that after the first month had been cancelled there was no option to cancel payments, only a "cancel to delete the account" option, but they stated that this was because I had already used it!

After that, they didn't even bother to read my "private message" response to this (you can see on the member mailbox "sent" page when these have been read) and - presumably because they thought it was funny - they ended the final paid-for month's subscription four days early.

Needless to say, having paid well over the cost of a year's subscription for four months of membership, I wasn't going to keep paying, particularly as they were ignoring PMs, so I bit the bullet and closed the account.

Ooops! Ignore the site URL in the title of this post - it should be .co.uk not .com - as per the site name in the body of this post.

Last edited by thomas_enigma; 05-01-13 at 21:20. Reason: Typo
Old 05-01-13, 21:36

It might be worth getting in touch with your credit card company as I don't think they are too keen on companies using their systems to abuse their customers. And because of the nature of the 'services' such websites provide they probably depend on would be plaintiffs being to embarrassed to make things official.

On a minor technical note, administration can probably read the internal mail without making you aware of it.

I won't bore you with the details (even if I could remember them) but in brief a company that tried to rip me off for 10 ended up having to spend many thousands changing their advertising to something less misleading. I did warn them that my 10 that they refused to reimburse would cost them a hell of a lot more... and it did Only registered users can view images
Old 05-01-13, 22:10

Not sure your complaint about Swinging Heaven is in the right part of the forum, there is a thread going already about Swinging Heaven and it would probably be more relevant to post it there. Have you tried contacting the company that own SH directly I believe they're called Symbios.

Yes Fab is quite a good site, a lot of satisfied customers with a few that arn't but as they say you can't please everyone.
Old 06-01-13, 23:49

Default swingingheaven.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAndHelen Only registered users can view images
On a minor technical note, administration can probably read the internal mail without making you aware of it.
Possibly, but the first message to them showed up as "read" a short while after it was sent... the next never did.
Old 31-05-13, 14:43
Swapscene Member

I notice Swapscene lists Fabswingers as a 'free' site, but is it still really 'free'. When Fab started it was funded solely by adverts, still is to some degree even today. Quite a while ago now they introduced a site supporters package, a few extra goodies and no adverts for a voluntary payment, not a problem so far. Fab have for some time had a number of filter options to 'help' members control who can message them, block single guys and age range xx to xx only to name 2 but one recent addition to the filter options as suggested by some bright spark on Fab is to be able to filter out the non-site supporters, you have to be a site supporter to be able to use it. This now brings into question whether Fab can be considered a free site when members have a block option which is based on whether some one has paid or not.